Friday, August 6, 2010

Turning into my mother...or a hermit


A dear friend mentioned to me the other day that I could be one of those people who never leaves their house for anything--I'm not against this in any way (see previous hermit-like post). I have found I can get better deals online for just about everything and get money back. This isn't entirely true, I do the shopping, but somehow Dan gets the money back. Eh, probably still works out in my favor. My most recent purchase online was fabric and I love it!
I had found a seller on etsy.com who makes these adorable skirts out of Amy Butler fabric and from other fun designers like her. This week I attempted to make my own skirt since I finally got my sewing machine repaired. The skirt is a very simple a-line with an elastic waist with a toggle closure. I learned a lot about what I can do to improve for next time and considering I made the pattern from an existing skirt, it turned out OK. Keep in mind the fabric is a little crazy, but as I was describing a crazy patterned dress earlier this week, some one said crazy suits me. Hmm.
Anyway, it is a little nutty, but I like it. I need to get more thread and go crazy later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment