Monday, February 7, 2011

Recovery benefits

I don't post very often because, well, let's face it--I have two polite people who read my blog.  I have been home from school for about a month after bunion/bunionette surgery and I am loving it!  Some important things I have learned while being home:
  • I really can't do everything.  At the beginning especially, I could hardly do anything by myself.  I have now mastered the art of carrying a coffee cup to the living room (move left crutch with hand, right crutch hooked under right armpit and move with hip, hop, don't spill coffee) and figured out how to get laundry downstairs to wash.  But, I can't do everything.  I can't clean, go to the store by myself or do much of anything.  It is freeing. 
  • I can do anything if I have to.  I had a blood clot after surgery and I was to have to give myself shots for 5 days...which turned into 2 weeks.  I REALLYdidn't want to.  But I thought about my friend who does it every single day during her pregnancy and I realized I could do it.  And now I can do anything--Phillippians 4:13 for Pete's sake :)
  • Even though I am not at school I still spend 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours per day doing Speech stuff.  Emailing, checking up on scripts, making arrangements--and I still have yet to practice.  I don't know how I do this when I am actually working.
  • It's OK to ask for help.  I need help with Speech.  I have people doing practices for me. And they want to help.  It's OK.
  • I want to be a TV host for a travel or cooking show.  Contact me if you need a TV personality.  I want that job.
  • Speaking of jobs, I'm ready for a new challenge.  A friend who changed jobs this year told me that her new job isn't any less stressful, she just traded one set of challenges for another--but she enjoys those more.  I'm willing to try a new set of problems.
  • Evernote.com--if you haven't used this, check it out.  I have been wanting a place to keep the recipes I like that I read in blogs but didn't have a place.  I created an account, downloaded it to my PC (mac is getting old--darn) and now I have an organized place for my recipes.  I can tag them (desserts, main dish--whatever) for easy retrieval.  I have been organizing training plans there, too.  Love it.  Easy and worth the set-up.
  • Another site I found since my life has changed recently is monthlyinfo.com.  Useful, ladies.
  • I lost 3 pounds.  Notice these major revelations are getting more trivial?
  • I miss running and yoga.
  • I have great, thoughtful friends.
Oh--and this is what I have been doing for the last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment