Monday, January 16, 2012

First Long Run

Last week didn't work out for my easy 5 mile run, so this weekend was my first official long run.  When I left the house, the temperature had been reported as 36 with winds about 16 m.p.h. but it was 52 when I finished.  Not your usual early January run in Iowa.
This was a view shortly after 3 miles into my run.  I wanted to improve it with Instagram, but the January blue sky and blazing sun over a wet sidewalk from melting snow was perfect in its entirety.

The run was tough because I haven't been doing long runs and haven't been training as much as I should. But I went and it went just fine.  I learned that if I stopped to walk a little I could just keep going.  The most important thing to do is keep building, so if I need to walk a little in the winter, I need to walk a little.  It's better to go the distance than go for time.  It was only 6 miles, but it was a start.  Sometimes that's all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment